With the second lockdown in full swing, it’s important now more than ever to protect your construction site from criminal activity. Construction sites are already appealing targets for criminals as they’re full of high-value materials, equipment and machinery. And now with a lack of physical presence on-site for an extended period of time, they become an even easier target for vandalism, theft and juvenile behaviour. A survey by The Chartered Institute of Building reported that 92% of respondents have been affected by theft on at least a yearly basis, which shows that prevention of theft and damage needs to be considered much more seriously.
This is why at Tag Systems we have developed a number of solutions to prevent crime on your site in every way possible. Our solutions are ideal for providing extra temporary security measures (like over lockdown) because our equipment is designed to be completely standalone and can operate without mains power or fixed-line communications, making it quick and easy to install and dismantle. We have a choice of short and long term hire contracts to suit your business’ security strategy. Take a look at our tips for how to keep a construction site secure, and learn about some of the equipment we have on offer to help keep your site safe during lockdown.
CCTV & Intruder Protection
CCTV is vital to have on any construction site for 2 reasons:
- It acts as a great deterrent and can prevent crime from happening on your site in the first place.
- If anything does happen, then the CCTV is there to capture the evidence needed to identify and prosecute intruders.
Our wireless, professional CCTV cameras are cheap and easy to install. Take a look at some of the products we offer below.
Designed specifically for providing security for building and construction sites, the TagWatch Camera System is perfect for daytime and nighttime surveillance of your entire site. Prior to installation, our team carry out an extensive on-site survey to best understand your security needs and create the best setup tailored to your site.
- Battery-powered and completely wireless, making it suitable for all types of sites
- Connect up to 8 cameras so you can ensure whole-site coverage
- A 10-second video clip is captured and sent straight to a remote monitoring centre for review whenever an alarm is triggered
- Monitored remotely 24/7, every day of the year
Towable Hybrid Tower
Our Towable Hybrid Tower is an ideal temporary solution for the monitoring of your site during lockdown. It offers:
- 360° camera rotation, allowing you to monitor your whole site, with a range of up to 1km
- Access video footage from your computer or mobile devices, ideal for the lockdown period as you can monitor your site at any time, from the comfort of your own home
- PTZ dome camera with day and night vision
- Seamlessly link to other TAG Systems to create a fully integrated security system
- Audio Challenge Device allows you to alert any intruders that they have been detected
As well as being able to monitor your site using CCTV, ensuring your assets can be tracked in the event that they do get stolen is absolutely essential for their recovery. Here’s how we can give you peace of mind that all your onsite machinery and equipment can remain safe during the lockdown period:
TagGPS allows you to manage the tracking of commercial vehicles and protect against the theft of construction plants and machinery. The system produces reports detailing information such as live vehicle movements, routes taken, driver behaviour, ignition on/off and entry and departure from pre-designated ‘geofenced’ areas to keep you fully aware of how and when your vehicles are being used. We are able to monitor movements using GPS as well as mobile networks to detect theft or unauthorized use, and subsequently aid in the recovery of stolen vehicles.
Our innovative padlock, produced in conjunction with Multi-T-Lock and Starcom Systems, is the smart way to secure valuables on site.
- Authorised and unauthorised use is monitored and tampering will raise an alarm in real-time
- It reports every lock and unlock so you can trust that your assets are being supervised at all times
- Operates in all weather conditions and does not require an external power supply
- IFSEC’s “Physical Security Product of the Year” winner
Coronavirus Prevention Solutions
In addition to keeping construction sites secure, the health and safety of those returning to work is also something that must be considered. It is vital that we do everything possible in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, so whether you’re continuing to work on-site during lockdown, or are ready to think about how to stay safe when you return, we have solutions to help keep both staff and visitors safe during these challenging times.
Our latest technology helps prevent the spread of Coronavirus by using a camera to instantly detect whether someone has a fever before entering the site. By using this you can play your part in protecting your workers and their families by providing them with the reassurance that they are working within a safe environment.
Want to find out more about how we can help your site throughout lockdown? We offer free consultations to discuss your requirements, as well as a dedicated team available to answer any questions you may have. Please call us on 07980 754661 or email us on email@example.com.